Manufacturing Operations Management System (MOMS)
Solving the last meter of connection to any machine
What is a Manufacturing Operations Management System (MOMS)?
A Manufacturing Manufacturing Operations Management System (MOMS) like MERLIN Tempus provides the right information at the right time to show manufacturers how current conditions on the plant floor can be optimized to improve production output. A MOMS is the big brother to monitoring systems and can integrate with ERP, MRP, MES and other critical systems.
MOMS software works in real-time to enable the control of multiple machines in the production process. Once their benefits are understood, they often become the highest priority project – more important than capital equipment acquisitions since they optimize existing equipment.
MOMS software creates the ideal conditions for high-quality and efficient manufacturing, increased reliability, and full global product traceability. MES systems are one of the best strategic drivers to obtain a competitive advantage in the manufacturing landscape as it improves profitability, reduce waste, boost quality and ensure compliance with regulations.
Justification for purchasing a MOMS
1) High Priority
- Creates competitive advantage – improves profitability, reduces waste, ensures compliance with regulations
- Increased ROI from existing equipment
2) Plant-wide efficiency greater than 10%
- Plant-wide efficiency improvements greater than 10% are normal
- The increase in utilization and OEE from existing machines is directly correlated to increasing profits
- More efficient labor utilization means less outsourcing
- Better production visibility gives valuable information about your business. If you can measure it, you can manage it.
- MEMEX customers have seen 10%-50% average productivity increases and directly correlate their success to MERLIN software.
3) Profitability is exponentially improved and sustained every year
- “A 10% improvement in OEE (capacity utilization) will increase IFO 22%-60%” (Overall Equipment Effectiveness: A Powerful Production/Maintenance Tool for Increased Profits, Robert C. Hansen, Pgs 47-56).
4) ROI, typically of 100%, in the first 12 months based on profit
- MERLIN Tempus achieves payback in less than four months with an Internal Rate of Return (IRR) greater than 300%
- MERLIN Tempus addresses:
- Operator productivity
- Reduction in downtime
- Lean and corrective actions
- Root cause analysis
- Production status in real-time
- Order to delivery
- Accurate actionable data, vertically and horizontally, from shop floor to top floor.
5) MES > Lost profits
- Every day a company waits to implement an MOM system, is a day of lost profits that cannot be recovered
- Automation tools and technology have advanced as such to make MES implementations affordable and scalable
- Companies now use information systems and readily adapt to these tools for easy deployment on the shop floor
- Everybody wins with increased profits
- Customers Win with lower costs
- Employees Win with sustained operations
Now is the time to implement an MOM system in your plant!
Talk to a MEMEX representative
Watch a live MERLIN demo
Find a dealer or buy direct